API Handlers overview
API Handlers are serverless functions that form the API for your integration. They allow you to dynamically do things such as:
- create an environment variable on a Netlify site
- proxy calls to a third-party API with authentication tokens
- store configuration or metadata in the Integration API
- add or remove a build event handler for a site
You can use the Netlify SDK utility tools to run, test, and build your integration as you work.
Once you publish your integration, it will be available for Netlify users to add to their sites or teams.
- Get started: how to generate the boilerplate and add the basic scaffolding for an API handler in your integration.
- Values & methods: overview of data available to your API handler, and the methods and properties you can use in your code.
- Debug & test: how to test your API handler locally.
- Call API Handlers from Build Event Handlers: how to use an API handler in a build event handler.
- Call API Handlers from the Integration UI: how to use an API handler through the integration UI.